Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scary Moment

3 posters

Go down

Scary Moment Empty Scary Moment

Post by stoupaduck Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:33 pm

If you're nervous about flying I suggest you don't watch. This was Hamburg last week, the aircraft eventually landed safely after diverting to another airport - and lots of others decided to go elsewhere also. Aircraft due to take off were refusing to use this runway because of wind directioin and the ammount of shear being reported.

stoupaduck
stoupaduck
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Back to top Go down

Scary Moment Empty Re: Scary Moment

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:45 pm

I saw this on the TV News the other evening - what lucky people. Puts our landing at Samos in the shade and that frightened the life out of me.

Back to top Go down

Post by kidder Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:24 pm

I wonder if it looked as scary inside the cabin as it did on the ground. It wasn't far off being tipped over at one point. What a mess that would have been.
kidder
kidder
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:46 pm

I think that would have put me off flying forever! They were so lucky that the pilot took the initiative to take off again. I believe he then landed 10 mins later without any problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by stoupaduck Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Son came into LGW from Grenada early this morning during the storms and landed 3 times! First bounce was about 30 metres according to the captain afterwards then a shorter bounce but one that slammed the nose wheel in hard (and damaged it). Quite a few screams Crying or Very sad lots of stuff fallin out of overhead lockers and lots of breakages in the cabin trolleys. He's experienced worse but not much.

The 3 aircraft before theirs all did go-arounds as did the following aircraft. Excel doing its best to get its passengers home on time - if slightly shook up!
stoupaduck
stoupaduck
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:17 pm

How long will it take to rebuild the nose-wheel gear?

Let's hope it's enough for the cabin cleaners to sterilise the seats and carpets :pale:

I can't help wondering if XL will let Captain Kangaroo play with one their 767's again ... stuff the SLC being home on time, that airframe's costs double while it's grounded for repairs :!:

{Edit: "SLC" is airline-speak for passengers (as in Self-Loading Cargo).}
Chas
Chas
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum