Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I pods

2 posters

Go down

I pods Empty I pods

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to put all the CD's in my Windows media player on to my Ipod Classic, it seems the most difficult little gadget I have owned.

Back to top Go down

I pods Empty Re: I pods

Post by stoupaduck Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:35 pm

It very much depends on how much music you have loaded onto your PC, but there is room for shed loads really.
stoupaduck
stoupaduck
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:56 pm

Thanks for reply finally got my head round it and got nearly 200 cd's on and 900 7ins singles, they take quite a lot of space (the singles)

Back to top Go down

Post by kidder Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey Susan, what size is your iPod? It certainly holds a lot of music. I have a 20Gb iRiver which plays movies and such. Can your iPod play video?
I ask because the iRiver is quite heavy (metal case) and I wondered if was worth my while looking at an iPod.
kidder
kidder
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:15 pm

I've got an I pod Classic 80Gb, thought it would be miles plenty, but my old 7ins singles nearly 900 of them that I put on the computer with one of those record decks that link to the computer take quite a lot of space, 27Gbs to be precise, but another 200 CD's have taken up to 35Gb's so I have 45Gb's left, thats still alot of CD's. The classic also comes in 160 Gbs. It takes videos, photos, podcasts (whatever they are) audiobooks and does alsorts of other things I'll never use.

Back to top Go down

Post by kidder Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Good grief, that's huge! When I had my one I thought that 20Gb was way over the top, but I have to keep deleting movies every few days to make room for more. I might have to drop extended hints for my forthcoming birthday!
Thanks Susan.
kidder
kidder
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Susan F wrote:my old 7ins singles nearly 900 of them that I put on the computer with one of those record decks that link to the computer take quite a lot of space, 27Gbs to be precise

That sounds to me like they have been captured in 'WAV' format. Check the file type of one of the files and the size and post back - we may be able to help you shrink that considerably Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:33 am

Yes they are in WAV format and stored on my desktop in a folder. They take up masses of space but i didn't know what else to do with them. The Ipod for some reason grabbed them and put them on to itself somehow, i never worked it out but they are on it, and it took me another 2 days to work out how to put the CDs on, but have now managed. So yes they would be better in less space. It took me forever to put them all on my computer in the first place. (There are about 800 7ins singles and 27GBs,)

Last edited by Susan F on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:32 am

There are many tools available to convert WAV to MP3, some of them you need to buy and some are free.

I did a quick search and found this http://www.tucows.com/preview/382226

which is free and should be easy for you to use etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 am

Also, I just found this handy guide

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/convert_wma_from_windows_media_player_into_mp3_files.html

which mentions the tool that I linked to in the previous post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Dave, just going to leave it as a large file for now and save making a mess. I have a lot of space left for Cds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:44 am

Fair enough - if you aren't confident about doing it, then it is probably best to keep as you are.

I am an engineer so if it ain't broke I still have to fix it Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum