Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep Fit for over 40s

4 posters

Go down

Keep Fit for over 40s Empty Keep Fit for over 40s

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:13 pm

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE 40 and over...

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

Back to top Go down

Keep Fit for over 40s Empty Re: Keep Fit for over 40s

Post by Chas Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:03 pm

I'll stick to mental exercise ........

..... right now, I'm thinking about "standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side".
Chas
Chas
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Coot Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:41 pm

my kind of exercise :Thumbs Up:
Old Coot
Old Coot
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by feathers Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Ooooh Marg! You had me going here for a minute. Rolling Eyes

I do try and keep fit with the aid of two cans of baked beans but it doesn't seem to have much effect! Keep Fit for over 40s 713175
feathers
feathers
Matriarch2
Matriarch2

Back to top Go down

Post by kidder Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Marg wrote:Then try 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

Blimey, what a relief! I had a flash mental image of a rather delicate and refined lady with huge "Popeye" arms!
Frightened the life outa me. Embarassed
kidder
kidder
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:31 pm

kidder wrote:
Marg wrote:Then try 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

Blimey, what a relief! I had a flash mental image of a rather delicate and refined lady with huge "Popeye" arms!
feathers wrote:I do try and keep fit with the aid of two cans of baked beans but it doesn't seem to have much effect! Keep Fit for over 40s 713175

"a rather delicate and refined lady with two cans of baked beans" ..... methinks the effect will affect all those around after a couple of hours - and that frightens the life outa me. :affraid: Keep Fit for over 40s 416822
Chas
Chas
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by feathers Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 pm

Keep Fit for over 40s 620775

Fear not Chas...I don't eat the beans...just wave the cans around hoping to strengthen a few muscles, instead of using weights. Cool
feathers
feathers
Matriarch2
Matriarch2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:17 pm

kidder wrote:

Refined? Moi?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum