Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geldof and Bush

2 posters

Go down

Geldof and Bush Empty Geldof and Bush

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Touring Africa together last month on Air Force One, Bob Geldof gave George Bush a copy of his book, Geldof in Africa. "Who wrote this for ya, Geldof?"asked Bush. "Who will you get to read it for you, Mr President?" Geldof replied. (last weekend's Sunday Times)

Back to top Go down

Geldof and Bush Empty Re: Geldof and Bush

Post by kidder Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:33 pm

From the same article

At our hotel in Ghana, the porter carrying my bag said they had thrown out all the guests because “the President of the World” was coming. It was true. An apoplectic German at the desk was threatening international court cases as his luggage was slung contemptuously from his room. The Yanks were coming; 800 rooms were needed – out you go!

He’s showing me around cos I’ve asked can I get Air Force One stuff to bring home to the kids. “You got four right? Hey guys, get Geldof the links and pins and stuff. And the M&Ms. Dja know I got my own presidential M&Ms?”

“Wow.” “Yeah, cool, right? They’ll love them.” They did. They’re in a presidential box with his autograph on them. The Queen doesn’t have that. Or the Pope. And I muse later from car 25 in the 33-car motorcade (an exercise in humility being just behind the armoured presidential ambulance and in front of the local press) that there are probably only three people in the world who can bring crowds like this out onto the street – the Queen, the Pope and the President of the United States. Only one is a politician. And only one has his own M&Ms.

kidder
kidder
Patriarch
Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:05 pm

kidder wrote:From the same article

At our hotel in Ghana, the porter carrying my bag said they had thrown out all the guests because “the President of the World” was coming. It was true. An apoplectic German at the desk was threatening international court cases as his luggage was slung contemptuously from his room. The Yanks were coming; 800 rooms were needed – out you go!

He’s showing me around cos I’ve asked can I get Air Force One stuff to bring home to the kids. “You got four right? Hey guys, get Geldof the links and pins and stuff. And the M&Ms. Dja know I got my own presidential M&Ms?”

“Wow.” “Yeah, cool, right? They’ll love them.” They did. They’re in a presidential box with his autograph on them. The Queen doesn’t have that. Or the Pope. And I muse later from car 25 in the 33-car motorcade (an exercise in humility being just behind the armoured presidential ambulance and in front of the local press) that there are probably only three people in the world who can bring crowds like this out onto the street – the Queen, the Pope and the President of the United States. Only one is a politician. And only one has his own M&Ms.

But the Queen and the Pope will still be there after November. Geldof and Bush 11877 Geldof and Bush 11877
Ian
Ian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum